The LDD’s coordinate 7 of the 10 regional offices for the PA Center for Trade Development. The regional offices also have access to a team of 23 international trade experts in offices around the world. These experts act as Pennsylvania’s market partners abroad, providing in-country assistance and market intelligence, identifying overseas partners for Pennsylvania companies and supporting in-country trade initiatives.
Each LDD provides access to funding assistance programs, and market research tools to help Pennsylvania businesses navigate the waters of international trade. Assistance may include:
- Export Readiness Assessment
- Target Market Research and Identification
- Market Entry Strategy Development
- Trade Event/Mission Development
- Export Price Quotations and Terms of Sale
- Payment Methods
- Shipping and Documentation
- Standards, Regulatory Requirements and Export Licensing
- Trade Event Information
- Trade Lead Response Assistance
- Business etiquette and negotiation tactics
The 7 LDDs also sponsors and co-sponsors educational seminars and training programs designed for exporters and potential exporters in the various regions.
Assistance to small-and medium-sized companies located in Pennsylvania is generally provided at no charge with the exception of some fee for service programs.
Experienced exporters and businesses who have never exported but who wish to investigate the potential should contact the LDD representative in your region.